Chief minister B. S. Yediyurappa-led Karnataka government has a launched a helpline number, using which citizens can get groceries, veggies and medicines delivered to their doorsteps. The Helpline number for home delivery is 08061914960.
A collaboration between Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike and Karnataka State Disaster Management Authority, the project aims to discourage people from stepping out of their homes to buy daily commodities.
The pilot project has been rolled out in Bengaluru. An outsourced team of 50 executives is handling the helpline in the city.
How to use this helpline number
- Speak to the customer care executive and provide your details —name, phone number and address.
- Tell the name of the store you would want to place your order with.
- Place the order.
- You will receive an SMS confirming the order and a transaction ID.
- The delivery partner will bring the items. Pay for the items along with ₹10 flat delivery fee.
- Message Hi on the helpline number.
- Share your location and address.
- Then type A for groceries and vegetables and type B for medicines.
- Type your order or send a single picture of the items written down.
- After placing the order, you’ll receive SMS confirming the order and a transaction ID.
- The delivery partner will bring the items at the designated time. Pay for the items along with ₹10 flat delivery fee.